Friday, March 15, 2013

Last P-Day in the MTC!!!


Alright so first thing is first I'm going to try to answer all of the questions that you've sent me over the last week.

1. I only have my credit card and don't have the new visa? card? I don't even know if that's what I need or not.

2. I'm thinking I've got plenty of cash for the trip.

3. Don't send contacts. I'll be ok. Speaking of seeing though. I managed to pop the lense out of the glasses that we got from Walmart  yesterday. I wasn't doing anything crazy. I promise. Anyway. I'm sending them today and I really really really hope that you will be able to get them repaired and send them back to me before I leave. Vision is good.

4. No. Just no. I'm not goona say what the yellow taffy is in this email because I'll never hear the end of it. Besides. I don't want to be responsible for a native Elder thinking it is some king of American candy.

5. We have travel plans. We fly out from Salt Lake on Monday morning around 7:35ish. The MTC has everything I'm going to need to travel. Things are super organized and I'm sure that if there was something that was wrong that I would know about it by now.

 Today was super busy and I got a lot done, but the more I think about things the more I'm convinced that I don't need anything. I may have really done a number to myself with breaking my glasses and not being able to get them sent through the mail today either. I really hope they get there soon enough to get sent.

Dad, you mentioned the airport. I don't really know what is all going to happened when Monday rolls around. It sounds like we don't have all that much time to do much once we get there either. If you could bring Mom to spy on my while I'm in the airport that would probably be ok, but I don't think actually meeting up would be the best of plans.

I'm going to send home one of the 8 whatever-memory-unit-used-for-cameras along with the glasses tomorrow morning. I'll have plenty of room with the SD cards that Grandpa Gray sent me. (Huge shout out to that by the way. Thanks a whole lot Grandpa. They will be put to good use!) Once I get to the field I will be able to send more than one picture at a time in an email.

You'll get to see my nearly shaved head soon enough. I had flowing loches of hair during my farewell compared to how short it is now. It's awesome.

I really don't know what else to say now. I really think I'm as ready as I'm going to be for Africa. As for the flight plans and when I'll be able to call you here is what I can remember. I might be able to call you around 5-6ish on monday morning. Dear Elder me who you want to call and where you're going to be at. We leave for DC at 7:30 ish and will arrive around.......... I just found out that we can Email Saturday night. Wow. Ok. That's huge actually.

 Couple of things just for your information. Things are still moving steadily forward. Slowing but surely things are working out. It's crazy to think that I'll have already spent 6 of the 104 weeks when Monday gets here. There are four of us scheduled to leave for Benin on Monday. It's gonna be a party. Elders Allred, Gray, Buxton and Peterson. I'm super excited. The rest of our district is leaving in groups of 30 to 40 for Montreal.... they have a small army heading off for the field.

This next week is going to be allllll sorts of crazy. I love you all and I'm almost out of time. I'm the only missionary I know that hasn't gone over time at least once during his/her stay here at the MTC. I'm gonna be one of the few! Have a good week!

--Elder Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment