Tuesday, May 21, 2013

STILL ALIVE

Hello everybody!

Sorry for the last couple of weeks that have gone by without an email
to everybody. Things have been kind of crazy here. Last week was
definitely the hardest time that I've had since being here. Problem
after problem after problem just managed to pile themselves up one
after another. Not the business. An answer to a desperate prayer came
through another missionary in a small email full of random quotes. One
of them is written on the front of my planner.

"If you want to see the rainbow; be prepared to endure the storm."

Knowing the bigger storms mean bigger rainbows; I'll use the words
from one of my favorite movies the Emperors New Groove. "Bring it on"

With that new atitute things have really really turned around. Not
much has actually changed and the situation here is still all sorts of
difficult, but I can really tell a difference with just a positive
atitude.

I heard that Bishop McGrath gave the same advice during sacrament
meeting one of these past Sundays; I can only testify of that. When
bad things happen and when the rain comes; chose to be happy and
you'll be happy. It's really just that simple.

Progress for our mission is starting to explode. We made our own
church history the other week as we started our very own group in
Cococodji. The first week we had 58 people in attendence and then 73
the second week. We already have more members in our little group than
some missionaries have in wards in other missions.

Our little group will soon grow into its very own branch, and
eventually its own stake. I'm just glad to be a small part of the work
here. I can't tell you how blessed I am to be with these people. I've
been told by many a families that I'm already Beninois (Be-neen-wa) I
have grown to love these people so much already. I'm starting to dread
the next transfere date; and hope with just about all I have that they
don't make me leave this area.

I don't really have any crazy stories or adventures other than I'm
pretty sure I'm never ever going to use silverware ever again. It's so
much more effective to mange everything with just your hands. It's
probably not the most santitary thing in the world... but let's be
honest. It's more fun eating like a four year old. Totally worth it.

I promise to actually have a decent story or a half decent email to
send out next week. I want you all to know that I know why I'm here. I
love you all and hope that you have the best of weeks.

-Elder Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment