Monday, July 22, 2013

bun da da duuuuuuuun!

Once again I have to start off my letter with an apology. Last week my companion wasn't feeling very well, so we didn't have the chance to do much. Not doing much has been our story for as long as we've been together. The first few days were spent nursing my new bestest friend back to health.

      To be honest I don't know what's worse. Being sick or being the companion of somebody who is sick. Neither one is very fun. There is only so much scripture reading you can do before your head wants to explode; especially when you're trying to plow through it in French. 

     Speaking of French; I finally feel like I understand it. It was a happy day when I got to translate for one of the senior missionaries that don't speak French very well during Sunday school in your new branch building. 

      Speaking of new branch building... bun da da duuuuuuuun! Cococodji is now a full blown branch! Complete with it's  very own presidency, building, and all the goods that will follow. It's been more than an awesome experience starting my mission here. I think of it like my experience as a missionary, my French, and this branch have all grown up together at the same time. 

      When I got here things were well established and ready to go. I didn't really have to do/say/understand much and was just kind of along for the ride. After not very long we became a group. Suddenly everything started developing a whole lot faster than what it was before. Then and only then did both the group and I realize we had no idea what we were doing, but with time we started to figure things out. 

      Then without really noticing it, we've both grown to the point where we've become practically independent. Granted there are going to be some ruff spots, but nothing that we don't feel like we can't handle. 

      On a less serious/boring note. Cococodji is rockin' two companionships. Gray with Lalahariniaina and Welch with Mulumba. Everybody just calls mine Lala. We all get along pretty well and have had some very interesting conversations thus far. It's also been SUPER nice living with somebody that actually speaks English.

      Anyway. That's just about all for now. I'll try to come up with more interesting stuff next week because nothing all that crazy has happened. I hope y'all know this church is true and that I love you allllll to bits. Have an awesome week!

-Elder Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment