Monday, October 28, 2013

Lessons Learned


"Except in the case of his only begotten son, imperfect people are all God has ever had to work with. That must be terribly frustrating for him, but he deals with it. So should we. So be patient and kind and forgiving." -Jeffrey R. Holland

As I'm sure most of you know, whoever is preparing a talk or a lesson ends up learning a whole lot more than what he hopes to be able to teach. Yesterday I was asked to share a brief message during sacrament meeting. Frantically scrambling through the random bits of notes that I jot down on my planner I stumbled across this quote that I had found weeks earlier during personal study.

I was able to throw something together for sacrament meeting, but I hope that if anybody will be able to apply these words it's me.

These last couple of weeks have been really really challenging. We made the heartbreaking decision of dropping all but one of our investigators. We have been severally struggling to find new investigators and people to teach. We find ourselves spending a lot of time with recent converts and members. We haven't been having much progress.

It's been really frustrating giving everything I've got and watching people reject, ignore, or take for granted the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I've come to love my scriptures and the examples and lessons that they share. The beginning pages of Preach my Gospel is another relief for a depressing day.

Things here are a bit rough for the moment, but they'll come around. I end up reading the words "If you want to see the rainbow, be prepared to endure the storm" which was a quote from an incredible missionary who I hope to be like one day.

I hope y'all have an awesome week.

Loves and laughs,

-Elder Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment