Monday, August 12, 2013

Long Time No Talk to. . . . .Sorry


Hi Everybody...

      It's been a really really long time since writing out a legitimate letter to everybody. All I can do is say I'm sorry and nicely ask for patience and understanding. Two weeks ago we didn't have connection to Myldsmail and last week we didn't have power. I really am sorry that I haven't been able to send anything out, but trust me, it's no fun staring at a blank screen for who knows how long hoping for a chance to talk to your family.
      Anyway. First of all I'm just gonna say that all goes well here. I'm still alive. I'm still breathing. I'm still healthy, happy, and loving just about every minute of being a missionary. I've been told that other interweb hangouts like this aren't nearly as awful as they are here; but I'm really hoping things are better in Akpakpa. Elder Gray is getting shipped out to his second area tomorrow! Yay!
      It's going to be super duper hard leaving behind all of my investigators and recent converts here in Cococodji. I've learned to love my little branch so so so very much. Especially the ones that I had the honor of teaching. My heart dropped when they told me I was transferred, but at the same time I am pumped and totally excited for a change. The last few weeks that I've spent with Elder Lala has been a blast. He' a walking joke and always has me laughing. It's been great being with him. In the short time that we've spent together our recent converts and investigators have grown so so so much. It's been so cool to see the change that the restored gospel does to people's lives. In the next two month Cococodji will have a good baker's dozen newly baptized members of the Church. My little branch of Cococodji is growing bigger and stronger every single day. It's been so much fun being a part of it. The last couple of weeks I had the opportunity to serve as the Young Men's President. It was a totally awesome experience learning and growing with all the young future missionaries.
      Other than standard missionary work we've been busy too. Tell Cooper I saw a monkey!  (No Cooper, I didn't eat the monkey. Yet. ) This morning the missionaries in our zone went the Porto-Novo, the capital of Benin. I'm not exactly sure how to spell it. I'm not entirely sure why it's the capital either. It's not all that big and there isn't all that much there. The zoo was lots of fun... but wasn't all that big. We saw lions, monkeys, crocodiles, huge zillard things, hyenas, and a native wolf. That's just about it.  Anyway. I'm gonna work on sending out pictures now. Hopefully they'll work and hopefully things will be easier to work with in my new area. I love you all!

          -Elder Gray


 Florimonde, Elder Gray, Elder Lala, Papa Tossa

 
 Celestin, Amos, Elder Gray, Auriol, Espore (totally awesome dog), Lorenda

No comments:

Post a Comment